21 Jan 2013

Work Placement 1: Hand and Lock Embroidery

So after a very eventful and exciting three weeks away i had to come home and settle back in to real life, what a pitty!

I was lucky enough to get some work experience with the wonderful company that is Hand and Lock! I had no idea what to expect but after my first day i was hooked! Four weeks of Embroidery, oh what a treat!

Over my time at H&L i learnt some very exciting new techniques, my favourite being tambour beading! (i now own my own tambour beading equipment, one day i will be a pro i assure you!) Thank you so much to the lovely steph for your patience when teaching me this technique! I loved sitting by you every day!

They also let me pick a theme of my choice and embroider a selection for a new window display! Like a kid to candy i jumped on this though perhaps got a little too into it and took forever embroiderying flowers and olympics related things and never actually got round to the window display, woops! but hopefully the next intern managed to put something together!

I had the best four weeks there, and dont think i could be luckier with such a great first work placement with such a lovely bunch of people! I'll hopefully be back for more!

 Designed by the amazing designers at Hand and Lock, very trusting indeed, letting me embellesh some of their very own beauuuuutiful fashion range!
 Embellishing the olympics logo! (this was appropriate at the time...)
 And some florals! Using different thickness of threads for a different effect...


Have a look at the Hand & Lock website for some very inspirational and very impressive embroidery!

http://www.handembroidery.com/

Thanks Hand & Lock!

No comments:

Post a Comment